Tuesday, May 05, 2009

My 10 favorite things about Spring...

...at least the ones I can think of right now (kids playing loudly, nap time approaching, packing list in hand, dreaming of a few days away. These are some of the things we're competing with here today!)

1. Sunny mornings and opening up all the shades
2. No jackets to find/put on/zip up
3. Bare feet in the grass/sand
4. Ceiling fans!! I really don't care what the fancy decorators say. I adore ceiling fans!! I wish I could have them running all year long! On nice days there's always at least one running in the house. Nice!! =)
5. Blooming flowers and trees. Don't they just make you relax and breathe a bit deeper?!
6. Opening up the windows and airing out the winter sniffles/blues/claustrophobia!!!
7. Walking over to the playground before lunch and stopping to see the ducks, geese and turtles in the lake!
8. I even like spring rain! Ok, this several straight days stuff is starting to feel a bit old, but I like rain and I love that it brings more of #5!!! =)
9. Crocs/Sandles! Granted, my kids are Pigpen's stunt doubles and I have to SCRUB their feet when they come inside, but it's so nice to not worry about socks for them!
10. Seeing #'s 1-9 and imagining/dreaming of heaven!! I really think heaven will be an eternal spring. I can't help but think about the day we're in heaven and I long for it!

Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth;
break forth into joyous song and sing praises!
Psalm 98:4

No comments: