Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Sammy Says

{While shopping for a Mother's Day gift with his father}

Daddy: "Buddy, do you know what Mother's Day is?"
Sammy: "No"
D: "It's when we celebrate the mommies and say 'thank you' to them". So we're getting a gift for Mommy. Do you know who else we celebrate?"
S: "No"
D: "Grandmom. Because she's your Mommy's mom. And Tuchis (nickname. long story!) because she's my mom."
S: "It's a day for girls"
D: "Not all girls, just girls who are mommies"
S: (very concerned) "but Daddy, who's going to celebrate all the other mommies???"


======================

{Wiggling violently during lunchtime}

Me: "What are you doing, honey"
Sammy: "I'm wiggling because I have bones in my body and I don't know where they are"
M: "Buddy, you have bones in your WHOLE body"
S: "But not in my mouth because I would spit them out!!!"


1 comment:

La Familia Garcia said...

Soo sweet!
Looks like you guys are eager for some sunshine! I'm with you in that list expecially 3,5, & 9!

Here's a verse for Sammy from Proverbs:
"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."