Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Design Style

So, I just took the HomeGoods StyleScope Quiz.
I think these types of things are generally silly, but the description really does describe what I'd love my house to be someday.
As for my "style"....I never would have described myself as country in any way!!
Oh well! The casual part is right on! =)

One question made me laugh. The answer options were:
a My front hall looks like a train wreck - a pile-up of coats, mail, bags and junk.
b My place is just too small to really decorate.
c Nothing goes together; everything I own seems to be from a different style or era.
d It's as dark as a cave in here.
e My home feels sort of cookie cutter; I'm not sure what my actual style is.

Ummm...can I choose f all of the above?? Actually I think I'd just choose b-d. Well, I settled on c since about everything is a hand-me-down and not something I would choose on my own.
Reminds me of Aladdin (so shoot me, but I love that movie!!)
"One day Abu, we'll be rich, live in a palace and have no worries at all!"
That palace will be more beautiful than anything I could even imagine and God is preparing it for me!
Whoo-hooo!!! I won't even have to decorate it! =)

Debby, you are a COUNTRY CASUAL

Your home expresses your open, easygoing approach to life. You love unique finds, and can turn a few mismatched garden chairs or floral teacups into a charming arrangement. You appreciate a pretty mix of relaxed pieces, like painted wood or weathered furniture, lovely florals and other patterns, lots of throws and pillows, mementos and bunches of fresh flowers that give your home a unique sense of breeziness and charm.

You value order. You feel happiest if your home is well organized. You understand that when your house is in order, your mind feels clearer. Rather than a lot of meaningless objects or overly-designed items, you are happier with a few well-placed things. Your home is your respite from a busy life. Try to avoid letting things into your home that you don't really love.

No comments: