Friday, May 02, 2008

Happy Birthday, baby boy!!!


Our little Caleb had his first birthday yesterday! I can't believe it's been a year since this handsome, sweet, gentle little boy came into our lives! Caleb is the most laid back baby I've ever seen! He loves to cuddle, suck his thumb and play with his hair (or that of whomever is holding him...unless their name is Pop-pop in which case there's none to play with!), he is super serious and quiet around strangers, but lights up around those he knows, he calls everyone dada, he is FINALLY crawling and pulling himself up (so we're in search of a different nickname since "the lump" is now inadequate), he loves to see and play with his brother, he seems to live for bedtime when he can entertain everyone by standing in his crib and letting go so he falls down. He's an absolute joy! We are overwhelmingly thankful for how God protected him when I was burned! To give birth to him and find that he was absolutely perfect and unharmed by such a terrible situation and now to see him a year later we are completely in awe of God's protection and grace!
We love you so much, sweet Caleb baby!! Happy 1st birthday!!
*I planned on adding pictures to make this post all sappy as is my duty as a mom, but my SD card is being difficult so I'll try tomorrow after sleep restores my 3 braincells!

No comments: