Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

I have to admit that I had a bit of trouble getting in the Christmas spirit this year.

Not sure what it was.
But I'd be willing to bet (except that I don't!) that it was that I was focused on buying just the right gifts and making it as fun as possible for my boys.

Nothing wrong with that...
...except everything's wrong with that!

I wasn't focusing on the true reason for celebrating Christmas.
The ONLY reason for celebrating Christmas!

I began to focus on all that it means to me that Christ was born that day in a stable in Bethlehem.
What an awesome day!
What an awesome day it will be when we get to heaven all because one day the Savior was born in a humble stable!

Who am I that the Lord of all the earth would come to be born among men to die as a criminal because of my sins so that I can be for all eternity with Him?!

I'm nobody! And that's just what makes it so amazing!

It's 12:40 Christmas morning and I'm fighting the urge to wake up my boys and get to the pile of gifts that awaits them under the tree.

Those gifts represent a loving, gracious Provider.
They're under a tree that God provided.
They're inside this house that God provides.
They were bought and wrapped by two people who are overwhelmingly grateful for the baby who was born so long ago and the HOPE that He brought to us!
That's all.


Merry CHRISTmas!!!!

JOY. HOPE. LOVE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww..thank you for that very sweet comment over at my place. I look forward to the New Year and getting to know all of you better. Have a great one~