Thursday, December 31, 2009

Have you ever seen this poem?


Dear Lord,
So far today, I’ve done all right. I haven’t gossiped, haven’t lost my temper, haven’t been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or over indulgent. I’m very thankful for that.
But, in a few minutes, God, I’m going to get out of bed. And from then on, I’m probably going to need a lot more help.


Amen to that! But today I'd like to submit my mommy's version:


Dear Lord,
So far today, the kids have been great! They haven't fought or cried or even whined. They haven't used the words "no", "stop it!" or "mine". They haven't been selfish or unkind. They're pleasant and polite and I am so very thankful!
But, in a few minutes, God, it's going to be time to turn off the TV and from then on, I'm probably going to need a lot more help!

2 comments:

Sarah - Roots and Wings said...

ha!!

oh - and just a reminder...please don't call me around 11am anymore, because Elmo has just ended, and much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth is occurring. =)

Free Art Printables said...

Loooove that poem!!!!