Friday, September 05, 2008

Whatcha think??

Ok, here goes. I found things to put on the shelf. It occurred to me that maybe a collection of some sort would look good on there and then I thought of my teapots. I don't have many, but I think I like them there. I think it's the first time I've ever been happy with what I have on there. It looks full and not crowded (in my opinion if that means anything!). Is it overdone? Look weird with teapots on there?

I had a slight hint of creativity come over me and I took a small mason jar and put those glass bead things in it and a satin ribbon around the top. Then I took some flowers and leaves out of the pumpkin arrangement and popped them in there. It adds a little fall flair to the shelf. I like it! The other little mason jar is some of my beach glass. 

Here's a close-up of just the shelf.
The frame and shelf there were gifts when we got married. I really like them, but they needed something. They were a light oak color which I'm not crazy about so I painted them black. I like it! I keep looking around the house to see what else I can paint and I have a few things in mind, but I'm gonna take it slow so the hubby doesn't get too scared! ;) The four frames are things I'd like to paint black, but I'm not sure he would agree! The pictures are really pretty shots he took when we were studying in Argentina.

Here's a shot of the whole wall together. I'm likin' it!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Just found your blog from the Inspired Room. L.O.V.E. what you did with the shelves. The teapots make it very warm and cozy. Great Job!