Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Who doesn't love a deal?!


We went to a children's consignment sale in Philly today. 
They had so much stuff! 
Some things like clothes were overpriced in my opinion, but I got a deal STEAL!!!

I got this twin size bedding set for Caleb. 
I've been thinking I'd like to have something like this for him, but we just couldn't possibly afford it. 
I realize that he's still in a crib, but I've just been thinking ahead and r
eally wanted something like this for him. 
(Sammy already has a bedding set of our Mexican Soccer Team, CHIVAS!!! 
Aguante las Chivas!! =) )

So, a few days ago I was looking at some sets online and thinking about what 1 or 2 pieces 
(quilt and sham or quilt and curtain or something) 
we could get and then I would do the rest in some generic bedding stuff like solids or stripes. 


The set includes the quilt, sham (shown at the top), 3 pillowcases, top and bottom sheets and the bed skirt!!!

Here's a (not so good) picture of it:

This is a close-up of the pillow case which is the same as the sheets (top & bottom) and the bed skirt:


So, I know you're dying to know how much I paid for it. 
Well, the price sticker was very messy, but I thought (and was hoping) it said $30. 
I decided  if it was more than $30 I'd pass it up. 
The lady (bless her heart!!) said it was $20 for the WHOLE SET!!!! 

YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
I was so very excited!! (And I still am!!)


-------------------------------------------------------------

The other good deal that I got was the Bolt movie. 
The Wise King (hubs) was going out of town yesterday and asked me to pick up a copy of this movie since it was released yesterday and was on sale. 
(He took Sammy as part of his Christmas gift to see it in the theatre and they really liked it. I hadn't seen it yet)
So, first thing in the morning, like the good blogger that I am =)
I opened my blogs and one of them gave a coupon to save $5 off the movie plus a $4 mail-in rebate! 
YAY!!! You must know that my husband is the deal finder in our family, as much as it kills me to admit it!
He just seems to find a deal no matter what he's looking for!
So, I can't wait to tell him how much I saved on the movie!

1 comment:

La Familia Garcia said...

Love the sheets! I'd love to see the Chiva ones!! My kids have been wanting to see Bolt! Hope we can find a good deal like that!