Sunday, February 10, 2008


Have you ever been in a packed stadium or concert and just been amazed at the number of people there and been overwhelmed at how many of them probably don't know the Lord? That happens to me all the time.

Yesterday the boys and I were driving home from visiting Daddy at his new office and Sammy said to me "Mommy, David wasn't there today" (David is Sammy's friend from church). Then he asked me if David's Daddy was working too and painting like his Daddy does (part-time job). It occured to me that he thinks David's Daddy works the same place his Daddy does. I realized that to him the world is so simple and small. He seems to think that everyone does exactly what we do and goes to the same places we do, etc. I've prayed since the boys were born that one day they will come to know and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior and that they would love and serve Him. As we drove and I thought about his perspective on the world and saw all of the cars and people that we were passing us another prayer came to my heart. I began to pray that God would give them a PASSION for the lost and that our lives, as their parents, would show them the need to reach others for Christ's kingdom.

No comments: